You just got a 3D printer!
3D printers (rapid prototyping systems) are an amazing tool for your maker-space, school, non-profit or atelier. But after you get a single machine, or a suite, who is going to manage it? How will you make sure that it gets used in a meaningful way? How can you be certain you’re really getting your money’s worth?
I’m here to help you. When I’m not working at Ramapo College as a professor of 3D Design and Animation, or in the studio with my own research, I do consulting for institutions that want to understand how to best apply 3D printing to their existing workflow while minimizing waste and frustration.
My work usually starts with a meeting and site visit where I learn about your staff, mission, resources and aspirations as well as the printers that you’ve purchased or would like to purchase. Afterward, I conduct research specific to your needs and develop the following:
- A workflow optimized for appropriate and meaningful use of your 3D printer(s) or other digital fabrication resources.
- A system for introducing new users to your rapid prototyping system without placing all the stress on one overworked employee.
- 3 Sample lesson plans tailored to your needs with goals, objectives and outcomes
- A series of short workshops to get you and your staff comfortable with your new state-of-the-art tools.
- A sustainable plan for growing your facilities and communicating their value to your audience.
Get your organization started with 3D printing efficiently, meaningfully and without fear.